Wednesday, January 16, 2008

529 fsb on Micro ATX board - ASUS P5E-VM HDMI

The cpu used is e6600 B2 stepping; video card is x800 pci-e.

I am not 100% sure what voltages are needed for northbridge, fsb termination and so forth so I pretty much eyeballed the settings for those. Somewhere on the middle of the drop-down list in BIOS.

RAM is Crucial D9, 2GB of 1GBx2 in dual channel, 1:1 ratio. I haven't tweaked the timings either, whatever BIOS assumed would be good. The vmem is set to 2.24 - I was aiming for around 2.2v actual after the droop.

This little board has more tweaks and adjustments in BIOS than my P5W64 WS Pro. I left most on AUTO but I am positive that P5E-VM could be fine-tuned for some nice overclocks.

The board is unmoded; even the original sinks on north- and south-bridges are stock.

The short of it: It doesn't like going above fsb 530; not sure whether it's the chipset or the RAM or it needs more tweaking. 529 is good enough for SuperPI. At 521 it has no problems running Blend in Orthos. I think I am going to keep it around for a while.

CPUZ verification

Pictures:


No comments: